Thursday, September 1, 2011

Today's funniness

So I was supposed to meet with my director today but my mentor teacher couldn't make today so we're doing it tomorrow instead. Sooo this morning I decided to go in service with the North Puebla English congregation which meets at the hall right by the school I'll be working at. I knew which bus to take and had no problem getting on, but I was so paranoid I'd miss the stop that I got off too early and ended up getting a teeny weeny bit confused and walking like 10 minutes to get to where I really needed to be. Haha, but I was fine, serioulsy. At least I knew where I was at. So I went out in service with them and it went really well!!! The sister I went out with was such a joy to be with as were some of the other brothers and sisters I met. This congregation has the Cholula territory so I almost feel like going to this congregation, which also has fewer native speakers, is following more closely the original direction I received from the branch here in Mexico. I'm thinking that there are just too many positives for me to go to the North congregation for me to pass it up. After service I was invited with the family to eat lunch with Esters brother and sister-in-law. It was delicious! She cooks very well! We had first a chicken, veggie and rice soup then some chicken enchiladas with black bean sauce over them instead of the chili-based sauces we know as Tex-Mex. She was kind enough to make mine without cheese! :-) I of course doused mine with salsa and then I chowed down. Yummers! The only little bitty downer of today is that it is general consensus from the family that I am going to be paying too much for the place I'll be staying at, since it is shared with the family and I won't be using a whole lot of electricity etc since most of the time I'll be at work or in service. So basically I'm feeling kinda bleh cuz really they do have a good point. I mean I'm getting a very nice, comfy place to stay in but it might be more than I realistically need. Oh well. For now I'm planning to move there tonight and try it out for a while. The good thing is that they didn't make me sign anything and are understand that I might move in a few months. So meanwhile, I can keep looking and see what I can find. Hoping to post some pics later of what the place is like, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment