Wednesday, August 31, 2011
YA TENGO CAAASAAA YA TENGO CAAAASAAA!!
So it seems like a lot has happened in the last day or so that I didn't write on here, but to be honest there are some things that it isn't worth writing until something is finalized or a decision is made. So here goes! Turns out a brother knows a couple who has a house all to themselves and was wanting to maybe rent out part of it. Sooo this evening I went over and looked at the house and we talked details--price, etc. WOW!!! What a nice place!!! Seriously. It is in a gated little neighborhood near walmart, right in between the school i'll be working at and the hall I've been going to. As I mentioned before, I might still end up at the hall right around the corner from the school, but that's a whole other "pot of worms" as we say. Haha (I'm trying to think of weird sayings in English that I can share with people here). So anyway...good location, plus gated community. Wuuuaaaaoooo! Then the house. It's 3 stories can you believe it? 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bath, 2 car garage. The 3rd story is hobby room/washroom/exercise room/terrace. Ooo! They have internet, HOT WATER, a WASHING MACHINE, FRIDGE, and a stove with...drumroll please....WORKING OVEN! Haha. It's sad but after my previous experiences here in Mexico those are all things that seriously are a big WOW factor to me. I'm gonna feel very spoiled in this place. The couple is really nice and basically have said they are going to adopt me! The wife is a baptized sister and the husband has been studying and is close to baptism. She is from northern MExico and he is from Italy. They have 3 daughters--29,26,24--all of which have now moved out but frequently come over to visit and do stuff together. So we talked about me moving there either tomorrow or Friday depending on how things go. I need to get a good feel of where I'll be going and how (bus routes etc) since I won't be with the brothers I am right now who have been so kind as to take me with them to the hall for service and meetings. Once I get established over there I'll post some pictures and yah...I think you're gonna say wow as well. It'll be nice not only to be in such a safe and nice place but also know that I'm there with people who will watch out for me, as much as I hate to say it, like parents! Yes I said it...it's nice to feel like somebody at least cares. Anyway, that is the major highlight of my day since yah, that's a very important thing in my life at the moment. I had a nice long day in service and enjoyed time spent with the brothers. I have a return visit now so oooooo but really, nothing extraordinary has happened. One thing...I got an email from a friend from Dallas telling me all about her experiences serving for a month or so in Dominican Republic. Soooo jealous! It is so beautiful to have friends who are pursuing Jehovah's interests first in life, taking advantage of their youth and being ready and willing to leave their comfort zone and not have the same ammenities they have been used to in order to serve Jehovah. We really do need to put Jehovah to the test by fully, I repeat FULLY leaning upon him, in order to see how much he will bless us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment