Monday, September 19, 2011

Yah so um...

Yah so um a lot has happened since last post but i'm super tired right now so this is gonna be pretty straightforward. Last Thursday I lost power. All the neighbors had power still, just not us. I think it was some repair the sister's husband had done a bad job on and some little tube blew up or something. Anyway, just about that time I was leaving anyway so I went and had a good time, hoping it would be fixed before I came back but honestly without much hope. So I made plans to spend the night with the Sommerville family, which worked out well anyway since Friday we planned to go on a trip as a congregation. I think I got power back that night but yah I wasn't about to risk it and just played it safe by staying with them. That night Jules and I had a blast as I painted both my nails and hers, getting veeery creative. Her fingernails were watermelons, her toes had ladybugs and flowers, and my toes were truly artistic: pink with glitter then my big toes were grass, sky, and a sun and a butterfly respectively on both feet. Then we had fun making me look like the winking barbie pic on my new laptop case. LOL. MAN I WANT THE BARBIE EDITION BEETLE THEY SELL HERE!!! URGH! Anyways.......
Friday I had a BLAST at the water park/picnic area we went to in Atlixco. I was going down slides, running in the forest, climbing rope ladders up trees to metal landings, playing football, swimming, all kinds of awesome ACTIVE things that I have missed. I was a smart one and only remembered to put sunscreen on my face as is my daily routine, so I got a bit sunburnt...oops! Plus I was doing so much activities that well, if you know me at all you know I ended up with lots of bruises and scratches which I view as battle scars. LOL! Seriously though, they were worth it! Brother Sommerville even said he might plan a congregation picnic out there in like a month since it was so georgeous. YAYYY! Spent the night with the Sommervilles again on Friday night and then we all went out in service on Saturday. I stayed out late with Ale and Efra and then spent that night with Ale--a sleepover we've been wanting to do for a while now. Oh! Thursday night I made some chocolate-covered rice krispies which were AMAZING!!! The strawberry marshmallow ones were the best!
Sunday Ale and I went in service then she did some lesson planning then we had the meeting. I got invited to a dance party a sister had in Xoxtla (I think that's it) and maaan I seriously think I only sat down for 3 songs the whole night. Danced my hiney off but man am I tired today. Got some new responsibilities to take care of related to work and plus I'm about to move again. Oh yah, so here's that story:
Last Thursday when my power went out was kind of the last straw. too much stuff just keeps going wrong here and since I have other options I don't see why I should have to keep putting up with it. There's a sister here whose daughter recently got married and moved to Australia, meaning the sister could use both companionship and the rent money. I went and met her today and saw the house and we plan for me to move in on Sunday after the meeting. She's a very clean, organized, spiritual person so I can only see this going well. She just has to move some of her daughter's things out of the room before I can move in. Lets see...anything else? Ehh...too tired to think right now.
Sorry for not being better in touch everyone, seriously, but I have barely even had time to rest and just relax. Having a blast and enjoying service, but it all just ends up making me super busy. Sorry, love you, miss you, Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment