Thursday, September 29, 2011
Awesome day
So this morning I had 2 classes all to myself since my mentor teacher Mayra couldn't be there. It was nice being able to teach by myself since I feel more relaxed and free to do things my way. I had the kids first think of why they want to learn English--situations where they might actually use it in their lives, specifically what we've learned up until now. Then I had them work in groups to do little presentations which I then video-taped in which they acted out such situations, using their newfound English skills. Then from there I met up with the whole 3 people who went to service this morning and we had a great time. One of the sisters with us, Adry, had to meet up with another sister at the Triangulo around 2:30 or 3 but we wanted to go eat at Carls Jr first, so we went. I was in the process of ordering when I realize that the only thing that merits paying so much for hamburgers and fries--their seasoned criss-cut fries--THEY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE!!! So I was sooo disappointed we just did a few more return visits then took Adry to the Triangulo and decided to eat there. I got subway, which at 2 pm I was so starved that I devoured in like 3 minutes! I was figuring on getting frozen yogurt at Tutti Frutti which I saw on the way up to the food court. So we go, me all excited to see this chain that we have in texas which is absolutely amazing albeit a little expensive, only to find out they're not open yet. The guy told us to come back in like an hour and we'd probably be the first clients. So in the meantime I went across the street to Walmart to get some carrot cake supplies then we left the car at Walmart and walked back to get yogurt. It was open at that point and I got to be the first client at the Tutti Frutti in El Triangulo de las Animas en Puebla. The guy even took a pic! It was soo cool. Plus we got a discount for today and the next time we come back! We started enjoying our yumminess and bam it started raining. I had to go to meet up with Ale for service then our "family study night", so I HAD to run back to the car. Except at this point it was raining AND HAILING!!! It was soooo fun running through it though! What a rush! hehehe. Then Ale and I had a GREAT evening in service. We only did 3 RVs total but one of mine I got a lot of good info and hope to return tomorrow to talk to the girl in person and maybe try to start something, then in the other one I actually did start a study! Thank you Jehovah for using me to help people get to know you! What a blessing. This is the one circumstance in which I don't mind being a tool for someone else :-D Then Ale and I came home, ate the yumminess I cooked Tuesday, then had our "single ladies worship night". It went really well. Afterwards, I got curious and looked up a dialing frustration I've been having on my blackberry and woo hoo. As dad and I would say: "I fizzzzed it meehhhhn" LOL. AWwwww. Anyway, today has been awesome and hopefully the weekend will be as well. I'M GONNA MAKE CARROT CAKE DANGIT!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment