Thursday, November 10, 2011

Perspectives

Conchita is now in Australia at Luy's side! YAYYY!!! I'm so glad for her.
Saturday I had a long day in service and was even able to start a new study. It was funny because it wsas the first Saturday meaning day to start studies. I had a study who asked to study at 10am but she wasn't there. So then Ale and I went to do RVs and that's when I was able to start that study. Ale also got a prospective study!! YAY! I'm a little worried about her because her depression is affecting her quite a bit. It's hard having a friend suffering from that type of illness since it's something that affects them so strongly but that you are almost powerless to do anything about. It leaves me feeling helpless and sad, only able to do what little I can and trust in Jehovah.
Sunday I had a great day in service. I went in the morning to study with Angela in the centro (downtown). She showed me a little of Plaza San Francisco and some nearby areas. It was pretty calm and nice in a park nearby, and then we had a great study! Then she helped me figure out how to get to where I had an RV on bus and I went. It was with a girl I have had a hard time finding but this time she was there and very relaxed. She invited me in and I was able to offer her a study and she accepted! Then I walked to the hall and we had a nice meeting. Afterwards I came home and chilled.
Monday was pretty uneventful, as was Tuesday. Kimberly came to the Tuesday night meeting again, which was nice.
Wednesday was a nice day in service. I had a good study with Kimberly. We started in the Bible Teach book with her able to read in Spanish. Tuesday night at the meeting I showed her how to look up bible verses so during the study she was able to do the same. She has a lot of questions and I see a lot of potential in her service to Jehovah. After Kimberly I went and visited a guy I haven't been able to find in a while. I initially spoke with him at his job and he gave me his address so I could visit him at his home on Saturdays around 4. I had gone at that time, to that address, but when I knocked nobody answered. Yesterday I was able to get his phone number so that on Saturday we can go to his house and call him in case he doesn't answer the door or we're at the wrong door etc. So yah, it was a good afternoon! Then Jules, Efra and I went to the Angelopolis Mall. Jules and I went into stores and tried on random clothes then evening dresses. We had a BLAST! It's fun sometimes trying on things you would never actually wear but just for the fun of it!! We took a few pics, laughing almost the whole time hahaha. We couldn't convince Efra to put a dress on though. :-( Hehe. Then I came home and watched a movie called Something Borrowed. It was veeeeery good. It was creepy watching some parts of it because they seemed so much like conversations I've been a part of! Today I had a good day giving classes then came home. This afternoon I have 2 maybe 3 studies and Jeanette and Jules are supposed to be taking/going with me. I'm looking forward to it. I'm not sure if we're supposed to be doing something afterwards but I'm looking forward just to service. Not sure if Ale and I are on for tonight since I don't know how she'll be feeling. It's hard to understand how depression can affect people sometimes, literally something I've never experienced or been around ever before.
Next weekend is a long weekend with most people having Friday and Monday off for November 20th. Ale, Efra, Kristian, and I are prolly gonna take advantage of it to go visit their friend Leslie in Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz. I'm hoping everything works out since it sounds like it'll be a nice getaway/mini-vacation.
Oh, so my perspectives:
I was sitting on the bus on the way home today and at an intersection I watched one of the guys who is always standing there selling roses. He had a two-dozen or so bunch in his hands and was arranging them to sell. They bring the flowers freshly cut and then tie them together and wrap them and splash them with water to keep them in good shape. As I watched the skill and attention with which he did that, I grew to appreciate how many people there are here in Mexico that are very skilled and dedicated to a trade albeit under humble circumstances. For example, this guy was probably better than many florists in the states who have a beautiful little shop that costs a load of money, with cutsiepie wrappers and bows and pots, a nice apron etc. The US has a tendency to lead people to believe that without a pretty package or a high price, it's not quality. Here it's such the opposite. People pay attention to the product not the package, and this is reflected so deeply in their culture that you can even see it in their interpersonal relationships.



Another interesting perspective/observation. The kids at school have been playing with something lately that I find quite fascinating. Something I used to play with when I was little that is barely becoming popular here. Know what it is? They call them "tazas" but I knew them as.............POGS!!!! Remember those mom? I was just a bit fanatic don't you think? 
Well, that's about it for now. I'll keep ya posted. Okay I love you bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment