Friday, November 18, 2011
Change in Plans
Well I guess you could say that since Tuesday quite a bit has happened. Wednesday I had an okay day in service. In the evening I was planning to go with the Summers and a few other people to go ice skating, but I got some news that left me not feeling much up to a "social" environment. Can't get into details here, but I won't be going to Tampico as planned next weekend for Jorge's wedding. I was already doubting whether it was a very wise decision due to the fact that it'd mean going alone on a 10-hour bus ride for which all the departure times would mean traveling during the night-time. I was supposed to meet a friend there and we were going to talk about some stuff we've been needing to, but since they can't go anymore it didn't make much sense for me to go. I wouldn't have known more than maybe one person there, and that's Jorge the groom. I've never even met him in person, so yah, it didn't make sense to waste the money for the bus ticket or risk my safety. If Jorge were a very close friend then maybe I'd consider it but yah, not happening. My no longer going to the wedding forced me to think about many things and I was just way too pensive to be good company at the ice skating. I had been praying to Jehovah for discernment in the situation and he helped me to understand some things about myself and realize that perhaps I have been blinding myself to certain truths. Sorry I can't get into details but don't worry, it's no biggie. I think that although this may present a change in course from what I previously though to be what I wanted or what might be best for me, it may lead me to something even better for me and my service to Jehovah. Like in driving, detours may be rocky but the often lead you to find a new treasure or a new beautiful place. So anyway...Thursday I had a great day teaching and afterwards I passed by the Summers' to borrow a bathing suit for this weekend. Came home and baked some cookies that Sister Catalan had asked requested. I was very disappointed in myself. I'm not sure why they came out so different. Only thing I can think of is that I bought a new type of baking soda :-/ I'm almost kinda ashamed to give them to her. I'm gonna explain to her what happened. Then I had an AWESOME evening in service. I had, let's see, Veronica, Angelica, Valeria, Luisa...4 studies, each at least 30 or 45 minutes long. It was awesome! I'm so grateful that Jehovah sees something in me that he can use to help others learn about him. It's such a privilege to be a "gardening tool" in the hands of Jehovah. This morning I'm supposed to go study with Connie(Concepcion) and do a few RVs, then this afternoon around 3 we are leaving for Coatzacoalcos to visit Leslie. Sounds like it's gonna be really fun! I'm looking forward to it. Consequently, I may not be able to connect at all over the weekend, so be forewarned if you were planning to try to chat or something. Anyway, better get ready for service! Gotta leave in like 5 minutes hehe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment