Friday, November 11, 2011

Good muffins

"Good muffins" or "good times". Last night I had three studies and they all went great! It was nice having Jeanette to accompany me on them. We think so much alike at times, it's awesome!!! Then I came home for family worship but something must have come up since Ale didn't make it. Then today I went out in service and worked some of my territory. It has a lot of private neighborhoods where you have to generally know someone to get in. You have to say who you're there to visit and they call them and get clearance and you leave your ID at the front. Super high security. Today, Kristian(he's from England/Spain mixed half-and-half so he looks white) and I decided we'd walk up and act like we didn't speak a lick of spanish and see if they'd let us in. We walked up on the side and this guy just pressed a button to open the walk-in gate and bam we were in, no questions or anything. It was super weird. So we walked all the way to the back and started asking door-to-door for people who speak english. Most people were friendly but then we hit one lady who started asking all kinds of questions about who we were where we came from etc, then ended up saying we're part of a sect. We got the feeling she was gonna call security so we went to another street and continued on there. Met a few good, friendly people who we can have as RVs and maybe use to get in now that we have some names. Then we hit another "sect" lady. A few houses later a security guard came up and told us several people had called complaining about being bothered in their homes by us. We acted like we didn't understand spanish but when he started asking how we got in who we were visiting etc we decided it'd be best just to comply. Haha. It was fun though. Super ritzy area plus an adrenaline rush! :-D Then we got picked up in front and went to another part of my territory that wasn't a closed area and worked a little more door-to-door. Met a few people so that was nice. Then we dropped off some people at the hall and went to take Kristian home. He lives next to Alvaro's restaurant and Alvaro's sister's salon. I took advantage to finally get a haircut. It was about time--haven't had one since May!!! Hahaha. Couldn't believe it was only 25 pesos! I gave her a tip anyway. It was funny cuz she looked at me all crazy when I gave it to her. Then we sat and talked a bit with Alvaro in his restaurant. It's very cute and has a nice atmosphere. One day I'm gonna eat there!!! Then I came home and made some cookies since Alvaro had asked me for some. Didn't do much else to be honest. Oh...funny note...yesterday I randomly realized my belly button looks like a mouth so I decided to draw a face on it. It was hilarious!!! Hahaha. I'm so weird sometimes!!! Good muffins...good muffins indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment