Tuesday, November 15, 2011
The Latest
Hey there! How's it goin? I'm doing pretty good over here. Saturday was a pretty chill day. Went and did a referral from Friday and was able to establish another study! YAY!! Then I had a great study with Luisa, a girl I started the study with just last week. It really took me by surprise. I like to show people the bible teach book chapter index when i first show them the book and ask them which question calls their attention most. She told me the one about baptism!!! I was like WHAT?!?!? Nobody has ever said that one. It was pretty cool. I'm over here thinking alright you wanna get baptized? Let's do this thing! Hahaha. Stayed until the afternoon since supposedly I was gonna go visit a guy at 4, he even gave me his phone number so we could make sure it was the right house. Got there, knocked, no answer, called, number is disconnected. I think he was just trying to put me off. Who knows. I should be more positive I suppose. Anyway. Spent the evening in, watched movies and to be honest was a little bored but whatever. It was cool. Sunday Angela couldn't study but Veronica could and it went very well. Rosa came and picked me up and we went together then met up with the group and did some rv's until the meeting. Nice meeting. Afterwards I was very tired and didn't feel like going to eat with the group taking the speaker, even though I'm friends with his daughter and she came. I just felt poopy. Monday went so so in service. Nothing fantastic amazing. Stayed til about 3:30 then got invited to the Summerville's home. Jules and I walked to the top of La Paz and had some much-needed girl talk. It's nice that we have both found a good, sincere friend in whom we feel comfortable to confide, despite the age difference(she's 13 and I'm uh, well, older. you should know LOL). On the way home we passed a gym with 3 cross-trainers that are located in front of a window where everyone on the street can see you. We both had the same idea: stand there and stare at them. Then I decided to wave at them. The first guy just kinda laughed and waved back, the lady in the middle just gave us this evil/confused look of disapproval, and the guy on the end smiled and waved back. It was awesome. Then we started walking all weird like gangster nerds and it was funny because until then no one had honked at us or anything but when we started walking like that they did. LOL!!! It was super funness. Then we got home and Jeanette had made her famous Ziti. We ate then I made chocolate chip cookies. Poor Daniel had made some last week that I was told came out pretty bad. Poor kid. His first attempt all on his own, in Mexico, with different ingredients, with a recipe he had never tried before, not to mention the effects of the altitude. They still had some ingredients left though so I worked some magic. I have never made chocolate chip cookies without crisco or shortening, which actually has a different melting temperature from butter helping to maintain a certain texture. I had to make these with all butter but they still came out pretty well considering. Then Jules and I worked some on making a tune for our song "Missing you lately" and that took most of the remainder of the evening. Jeanette brought me home around 10 or 10:15 and man was I tired. It was a great night though. Today went well at the school then I did my Tuesday trip to Chedraui for groceries. I bought some "creama batida vegetal tipo Chantilly" which I expected to be somewhat similar to Cool-Whip. It is like a much denser cool-whip. I'm looking forward to experimenting with it. Kimberly isn't feeling well today so she won't be going to the meeting, but other than that nothing too exciting about today. Loving service and time spent with the friends here, Chels!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment