Another oops I forgot moment. Last Friday I was able to go to a return visit and she asked me inside this time. Talking with her I learned that she used to study a long time ago with the spanish but that she moved and lost contact with the sister giving her study. One thing that had been very hard for her was that because she grew up in an abusive family it was hard for her to learn to forgive her father. This also instilled in her a mistrust in general of men. For that reason she had asked me to come with sisters. She also had a distrust in general of people, making it hard for her to invite me in. Now she feels comfortable with me though, so that was nice. We're supposed to study on Friday! YAY! That also taught me though that we should never think people are just being rude when they don't invite us in or maybe ask us to only come with a certain person, because we never know what's going on underneath it all.
Brief update...Kimberly went to the meeting!!! I asked Efra if he could help by giving us a ride and he could. We got there and she wasn't there!!! OH NO!!! I gotta admit that was a little downer. Then right as we were pulling off I see her coming around the corner. So she ended up coming! WOO HOO! She had a little trouble since she hasn't been used to listening to English for a while but she said she enjoyed the meeting. She was talking to some of the sisters and told them she'd be back. Also, turns out she's 14 not 12. I don't know where I got that number. Tee hee. Anyway, my head hurts and I'm kinda sleepy so gonna head to bed. Great day, gonna rest well I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment