So today has been a great day, especially since I just found out that Conchita actually has her plane ticket now!!! SHE LEAVES MONDAY!!! I'm so happy for her. I'm going to miss her a lot but at the same time I'm happy for her that she can go be with her daughter in this difficult time.
YAY AGAIN! Let's see though--other reasons why today was great....I just went with Ale on my study Angelica who works at the paint place. Valeria couldn't study because she was with her grandma, but it was nice either way to have been able to go with Ale. Then we had our family worship and I enjoyed it. We're able to study things that really appeal to us personally and talk about how each of us can apply the information. This morning was the first day I get to the school at 8:30. It was nice being able to sleep a little bit more. When I got there I realized I could have slept even more today because they had an assembly with a creepy presentation where these kids dressed up in skeleton costumes and did this weird dance while some other kids did this creepy chant. I was like umm maybe I should be praying to Jehovah to protect me from the spiritistic elements!!! Yikes! Oh well. Then classes went well and when I left I went to Plaza Dorada to run some errands. I needed to go to a Banorte to make a deposit for Jorge's wedding and wanted to go to the Office Depot that is over there. While I was at the Plaza I went to an accessories store and bought some flowers that are on both an elastic band to put in your hair but also have a pin like as a brooch. I got two identical ones to put them on my boots. They look super cute now!!! I'll have to take a picture later and post it or something. I'm proud of my now $410 pesos boots!!! We'll see what I have to say once I actually wear them LOL. Then I came home and made a trial batch of cookies to try to sell. I had asked the Directora at school about selling them there and she said I couldn't because they have to watch what they sell at the schools now due to obesity. So now everything they sell at the school has to be registered and they periodically come without notice to inspect. Since it's too late to register, I can't sell at the school. Oh well. So I came home and made some not knowing where exactly I'd sell them. I bagged them 2 cookies in a sandwich baggie to sell for 5 pesos. Since I only did a trial batch, it worked out to be only like 30 cookies--15 baggies. I wanted to just see how things would go. So then I did like a lot of people I see--just walked around and offered to people walking by or people at their jobs. I went to a few stores and asked the owners if they'd like to try them out to see if they'd like to sell them in their store. Three stores are considering me. One just was gonna taste them himself and his wife then tell me tomorrow yes or no. Two other stores bought a few bags and will see how the sales go in the next few days. Then I'll go by Monday and see what they say. It was interesting to see that while I walked around I met two people who speak English! Funny huh? Anyway, that was my good day. We'll see what happens in the future with my cookie enterprise. Hahaha.
So hmm...what did I do yesterday? Oh...yesterday was the whole day of the dead thing. Service wasn't too great since most people were busy with family and different activities. I was home by 1 and bored most of the afternoon. I watched a movie then did some youtube searches on how to belly dance and how to samba. I laugh at what I do when I'm bored. HA!!! Then in the evening Lauraine took me to Walmart and I took advantage of having the car access to buy a bunch of flour and sugar and stuff for cookies that is cheaper at walmart plus heavy to carry anytime.
Well, I'm having a brain fart. Can't think of much else to say. Oh!!! Yesterday evening a sister from Waco called me and I was able to call her back and we talked a little while. It was nice to hear from someone and talk a little. The magicjack connection tends to be good at first then gradually get worse, but still. The little time we do get to talk is enjoyable. HINT HINT!! LOL Love you guys
No comments:
Post a Comment