Wednesday, October 26, 2011

YAY

So today was a great day. Teaching at the school went well then I met up with people for service. We had a nice day!!! I had some return visits/studies to do and although one cancelled because she wasn't going to be home, one for tomorrow asked to study today at 4 instead, meaning I was in service until 5! Yay! At 3 I had a study with a girl I just met on Monday in field service. She is 12 years old and was born in the states. She moved here when she was 8 and since then hasn't been to school. Can you believe it? She tells me she can't read english at all, another can you believe it? She speaks very good English though and I thank Jehovah for having provided the new brochures at the assembly for people who do not speak or read very much English.Today we started studying in that. I ordered the brochure on how to learn to read and write but until that comes I will make do with this. She seems very eager to learn and seems smart. Today we were learning about listening to God and how. There are some photos in the brochure of two people talking at the door then studying inside then going to the meeting. She asked me, "so what happens to peoplle like my grandparents who are catholic and when they see people like you at the door who are talking about the bible they shut the door on them?" I had to stand back a minute and think how to answer without being too blunt! Jehovah helped me out though and it went fine.I mentioned when we have the meetings and she said she'd like to come this upcoming Tuesday. Hopefully she will be able to go. I'm supposed to pass by for her so let's hope it works out. I then had my study with Vicky at 4 and it went well. She seems also like she is ready to learn with lots of questions and a ready heart. I thank Jehovah for having given me the privilege to help others, like these two girls, to learn about him. Now I'm watching a movie called Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. It's pretty good so far!!! Hope everyone is doing well, sending hugs and greetings, Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment