So today after teaching I went to immigration since the website told me the tramite was done. I didn't take money since last time they told me that as a becaria I wouldn't have to pay. I get up there and the guy goes "ok so did you go pay?" so I said no and explained they had told me I wouldn't have to. then he said nop, that I DO have to pay and that it was $3,336 pesos, more than twice what they had originally told me, not to mention that they also told me I wouldn't have to pay at all. So I just said "WHAT?!?!?" I was soooo frustrated. I waited around like 30 minutes to talk to some director-like-lady per the guy's suggestions, then she explained what all happened and why I have to pay and why that amount. Seems like she's the only one there who knew what she was doing. I mean, the other people do their jobs well but my specific case has been complicated and consequently difficult. So I went to the bank and paid and came back and finished everything up. Got my ID card now, which is actually an FM-3 visa. I have no-inmigrante status and have certain rights beyond what I previously had. I better after paying that much money right? Anywho, that was major UGHness because basically I wouldn't have had to pay all this 1) if the mexican consulate in the states had properly directed me and 2) if the immigration officer in mexico city hadn't marked that I was a business person instead of a non-lucrative activity person. UGH. Oh well. It's done now. My FM3 is good through August of 2012 and if I choose to stay in Mexico past that by working here then I would just have to renew it by showing proof of income and changing the activities to lucrative instead of non-lucrative. Soooo complicated, but basically I'm half-way there if that is the case. Through all of this I was glad I speak such good spanish because it would certainly be even more complicated, confusing, and frustrating if the language were a barrier. I can see why there are so many illegal people in the states now, because the whole immigration process is very confusing. No excuse, but still.
After immigration I went to the store and to be honest I got a little more stuff than normal, making walking back not the best idea. I put all my stuff in a box instead of bags so it would "be easier to carry" but it proved quite difficult. Not only was it very heavy but the box kept slipping on my hand so it was very difficult to hold. I had to stop every few blocks to rest/get a better hold on it. More than half-way home I was stopped resting and a guy comes and asks if I wanted help, how far I was going. I was leery of accepting help from a random guy since you never know what they might try afterwards, but he seemed nice and decent and I figured I'd just take the box before I got too close to the house so he'd have no idea where I lived. That's what I did. Hahaha. He didn't try anything so I was thankful for that. I will NEVER try that again. Maybe if I have fewer groceries but not with that much. I'll pay the stupid 6 pesos (50 cents) to ride the bus LOL. Once I was home I started some food even though my forearms felt like spaghetti noodles and lifting even a pan felt like lifting a ton. By then it was 2pm and I had not eaten anything but for some reason I didn't feel starved like I normally would have. My hunger signals have been waaaay off lately. It's very strange. Oh well. I'm feeling much better from my sickness thingy. Just got some nose snot going on haha but it seems to be coming out so no worries. Well, meeting tonight, work and service tomorrow. Love you guys, DAD--hope your booty gets to feeling better so when I come I can kick it and not feel bad. Hahaha. :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment