Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Oops I forgot

So I forgot to put on there a few things I thought you might find interesting.
1) here there are literaly street SWEEPERS. There are the trucks that drive around but there are mostly ladies that go around with a big plastic trash can like those we know of as "city cans" and they have a straw broom like what we think of as witches brooms. They literally sweep along the edge of the street and then pick it up with a big dust pan. I think it's intriguing!
2) I have become more Mexican in two senses. a) my eating lunch schedule is way off. Although I typically eat around 12:30 or 1 it doesn't freak my stomach out as much as it used to to eat around 2 or 3. b) I have learned to curl my eyelashes using a spoon instead of an eyelash curler. HA! I mastered that skill!
3) schools and basically no other places including homes have heaters so when it gets cold you feel it. Kids go to school with clothes under their uniforms and people go to work with layers as well. In the afternoon once it heats up you see people walking around with all kinds of clothes in their arms. The most frustrating thing to me is that yah I'm all bundled up and ok in the classroom but then when I gotta go to the potty you're in the cold!!! YIKES!! I guess I might be drinking a little less water during the cold season LOL
4) today we say the Popo (the volcano about 25 miles from here) spewing lots of ash. It was pretty humbling, especially knowing if it were to really erupt it could easily send chunks of rock 80 miles...I just said I'd be cool with being stuck like Pompei while I'm preaching. Hahaha. Imagine me stuck in position standing at a door with my bible out pointing to a passage...hmmmmmm
5) yesterday a random dude got on the bus and was playing guitar and singing, basically trying to get donations. He was pretty good, nice clear voice with good quality sound but yah, I didn't ask for him to play so I didn't give him anything. :-/ Still, makes me feel bad when I see people with talent doing stuff like that
6) I miss my Violin
7) I miss my Cookie Monster
8) I want a double oven so I can try to start my cookie business

No comments:

Post a Comment