Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Random Notes

So some interesting things I've discovered about the schools, at least the school I'm at, here in Puebla. The students are required to come with their uniform, shoes polished, boys hair cut, girls hair done WITH BOW, and NAILS CUT. At the beginning of the year they bring cleaning supplies and toilet paper and soap and stuff which they then use at the school. It is customary for them all to stand and greet teachers or visitors when they enter the classroom and not sit until told. At the beginning of the day they meet up in the main courtyard area then stay for announcements etc. When they go back to their classrooms with their teachers they march in formation like soldiers...kinda creepy. All of their notebooks/spirals must have the school seal and a certain format of title pages at the beginning. Each week a different class has the asssignment of their parents coming in the morning for crossing guard duty etc and the kids do the flag ceremony and present announcements. Also, the kids sell candy among themselves which they then must turn in the money to the teacher, which is then used to buy stuff to improve the school, like fans or whiteboards or radios etc. It's interesting to me seeing how the school policies and procedures differ.
Today, funny note, I taught one class a few little games students in the states play, including hangman. I also taught them how to say booty. That's a funny story. Hahaha. No service group turned out. Jeanette couldn't go and we had to cancel our plans because her husband needed the van all day. Oh well. Another day. I enjoyed getting groceries, cooking, and relaxing a bit while looking at coats online. I wish I could find a pink or red one that goes down to like booty length that is lined and actually warm not just a fashion jacket. Oh well, keep dreaming right? PS...glad to see a few emails from friends. It may be hard to return some of them in a timely fashion or with much detail but it's nice to see. Hoping my daddy's tail bone gets better, love you all, chels

No comments:

Post a Comment