So let's see, since Friday, what's new. So much awesomeness that I better just go day by day again.
Saturday was an enjoyable day in service. One thing you must know about Mexico if you don't already is that there are lots of people who sell random things on the side of the street. We passed by a place where they were selling scarves, hats, etc that someone had hand-crocheted or knitted. We were just driving by and something caught my eye. It looked as if it were a hat with a scarf attached! I said HEY...STOP!!! and got out and looked at it. Sure enough, it's a hat with two almost pig-tail looking pieces that are like a scarf. It's purple with a little flower on the side. It's soooo cute and unique! Just like me hehehe!! So I named it my gorrofanda, a combo of the spanish words for hat and scarf. They guy told me it was 40 pesos but I just so happened to have 35 pesos in change so I offered it to him and BAM it was mine for like 4 USD. Can you believe it!! Then that evening was the dance party the summervilles had. Ale and I had fun doing our makeup all drastic and feeling all cute, then blowing bubbles outside like little kids! Haha. At the party I had a great time dancing, even though I danced with girls or alone most of the time LOL.
Sunday I was supposed to go in service in the morning with Adry but the one call I had for certain ended up not gonna be home so it didn't make sense for us to go without a car to just be wandering around trying to figure out what to do. That seemed to throw off the rest of my day and for some reason I thought my meeting was at 3:30. Crazy lady!!! So I get dressed and walk up to the hall and outside is Jeanette and she says, "Chels, is everything okay?" me: yah why? her: are you sure everything is okay? me: yah, why? her: cuz you're late, you're never late. me: what are you talking about? I'm early. It's not 3:30 yet. her: Chels, the meeting is at 3:00. you've missed almost all the talk. me: WHAAAAT?!?!?!?!? OMG!!!!! I felt sooo stupid!!! After the meeting I came home and chilled.
Yesterday I went to work but my stomach was hurting pretty bad like acidic and I was just gonna tough it out. Mayra could tell I wasn't myself and told me to just go home, not to worry about it since we were just watching movies anyway. So I left and went to service hahaha. I told her I was gonna tough it out but yah, wasn't about to complain. Ended up having a long, veeery productive day in service. Although I didn't find many people in door-to-door, I had several productive return visits. Two were referrals from Saturday that are near-certain studies now, even though one of them initially told me she had read my letter and wasn't interested in religion! YAY for reasoning book suggestions for conversation stoppers. We ended up studying a piece of the truth tract and having a very good conversation and I'm supposed to go back on Sunday at 12. That in itself was a blessing from Jehovah since I had told Adry that we needed something to do like studies on Sundays so that we could go in service. Jehovah really does answer your prayers when you get the right mindset and are willing to make yourself available and work hard in conformity with his will. Another call was a girl I haven't found since the first time we talked. It was pouring down rain when we arrived at her house and as I got out of the car I seriously considered getting back in and going another day, but I'm soooo glad we went! She opened the gate and invited us in and we ended up talking a good while. We started studying then and there and she even gave us chocolate!!! It was soooo good! Especially since I hadn't eaten lunch and it was then 5:30!!! It was weird, my tummy just didn't tell me it was hungry even though I was starting to get dizzy and lightheaded. Oh well. I'm better now. Then the Summers invited me over for dinner and a movie and that was nice.You really appreciate time spent with brothers and sisters when you spend so much time alone on a regular basis.
Today has been laid-back. Went to school, went to Chedraui for groceries, came home and cooked, watched part of a movie called "A Better Life" which is AWESOME by the way. Look it up. I hope to finish it later. Then I showered and prepared my WT for this sunday, and right now I better change to get to the meeting. And yes, this time I'm gonna get there ON TIME!!! At the correct time!!! Hahaha
No comments:
Post a Comment