Monday, October 17, 2011

Updates

So last wednesday and thursday weren't too spectacular...at least nothing pops out to me as striking. Last Friday night I didn't sleep much at all, due in part to a car alarm that kept going off outside...NONSTOP AT 3:30 AM...and in part to some stuff I had going through my noggin. So most of Saturday I was pretty out of it. Came home around lunchtime to find Conchita hysterical in tears saying that Luy, her daughter, the one whose room I'm now living in since she got married and moved to Australia, was in the hospital. Turned out the ear infection she had spread to her brain and turned into meningitis. When she went to the hospital they sent her to another for tests. There they determined it was meningitis and gave her antibiotics and induced sleep so she could recover. Yesterday evening we found out she had woken up and was responding, remembered people and had no traces of memory loss. THANK YOU JEHOVAH!!! She is still under intensive care but is now in a normal room, basically just under close observation. She was talking and all so things look good now. But that was basically a big concern for me even because you know how I am when I know other people are concerned. Poor Conchita. I'm really glad to know she's better. Saturday evening a brother from my hall had a gathering at his house with dancing and I barely mustered up enough strength to go but was very zoned out. Left at like 8, came home, and went straight to bed. GRANNY!!! Sunday morning I went and met Adriana for service and it went sooooo well. Way to put in practice the suggestion in the KM! Then we went to the meeting. Afterwards I came home and received that update about Luy. I then went with a few people from my hall to a dance gathering. We only stayed til 9 though since we all were pretty tired. Today went well at school. For the next 2 weeks my mentor teacher will not be at the school with me since she has to attend to some administrative tasks at the commission, so I'm gonna like having the class to myself. Left school, went to service, had a good day although it wasn't as productive as last week, then came home. This Saturday is our special day assembly so tomorrow we don't have our service meeting etc, which will be weird! As a result, there will be a service group tomorrow so I'm looking forward to it. Jeanette Summerville and I are supposed to go after service to an evening dress/clothing store near my house that we always admire driving by, then to get groceries. I'm excited!!! YAY FOR GIRL TIME!!! Anywho, my brain isn't working too well right now as far as stuff to share, other than that I'm super excited about Luy being better. Oh and PS...the bible reading this week is awesome, especially if you really look up details in the watchtower library.

No comments:

Post a Comment