Monday, October 24, 2011

Actualizaciones/Updates

Hi there! Let's see...where to begin. Wednesday after service I left my heavy sweater in the Summers' van and so Thursday morning I had to make due. Evidently I didn't do well enough because I got some sort of throat inflammation or something and started waking up hoarse with practically no voice but with mucus. YUCK! The big event on Friday was that I came home and the bird, Lookie, was lying on the bottom of his cage, not on his little pole. I thought he was still breathing some so I ran him to the vet a few blocks from here. When I got there the vet told me he was dead, that it had been something over time, that he was malnourished. His chest looked like the chicken breast bone when you take the meat off...that's how skinny he was. Poor little guy. I wasn't sure quite what to do since I was worried how Conchita was going to react. She believed Lookie was sick because Luy(her daughter) was sick, so I didn't want to think what she might think if he was dead. But it all worked out fine. Ari(her neice that lives here too) and I talked it out and decided my initial thought was best--to bury him already, before Conchita knew. The hard part was that last Thursday and Friday Conchita was in Mexico City arranging her Visa to go to Australia, so we didn't want to tell her until she got home late Friday. It all worked out fine though. Then Friday evening I had a nice skype chat with Elise, Monica and Veronica, my buds from Waco. Aww man I miss them! Then Saturday morning I had to get up at 5 to make it to the hall on time to leave for the Special Day Assembly. My voice was horrible but I felt alright. The place where we had the assembly in Texcoco, was a banquet hall owned by a sister. It was out in the country and was georgeous, albeit it kind of small and also VERY COLD IN THE MORNING! There was even frost on the grass as we drove up. They expected about 400 for the assembly but our final attendance count was like 732! IT was so packed there were people sitting behind walls and even outside! It was an excellent program though, and I love how Jehovah always gives each individual exactly what they need at the time they need it. After we got back from the assembly Efra, Ale and I came back to the house and I baked banana bread. Mmmmmm. Texture came out very well! We also watched a little bit of Mamma Mia the movie/musical. Sunday I felt pretty horrible. Probably got worse from the coldness saturday morning. Went out in service a little in the morning since I had made plans to accompany Adry on a study of hers. The girl we gave study to, her parents have a pharmacy so I asked her mom about my throat thing. She took my temp and said no fever, but that the mucus was likely due to just an inflammation in the throat. She gave me some pills to cut down the inflammation and told me to just rest and drink lots of fluids. I did just that. I was seriously home yesterday from 12:30 on just laying down and vegging. I was bored but to be honest didn't have the strength or energy to do much more physically. I think it helped some since today I feel a little better. Still, I decided to take it easy and only went in service a little bit.
Latest update on Luy is that she can talk and walk but gets tired quickly from not having much air(who knows why) and that her temperature has gone down some. They have done a bunch more tests but still don't know exactly what she has. So we keep praying that they find out soon and can give her exactly what she needs. Conchita should be able to go soon but it's hard finding a good price on the flights 1) because it's pretty far to get to Australia to begin with and 2) because she doesn't have a Visa to the US so she can't at this point use a connecting flight there. Visas and immigration stuff is so complicated. I can't wait for Jehovah's kingdom to come so that we don't have to worry about borders and national differences in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment