Friday, February 3, 2012

Strange

It's been strange without Efra here. So much still the same yet so different at the same time. Wednesday I had a nice morning at work. I've been reviewing with them because in a few weeks they're going to have to take an exam. It's been hard thinking of ways to teach them because of the limited resources. I can't make them copies or give them worksheets unless I pay for them, plus they're not used to getting loose sheets of paper--everything they do is in a spiral or in books/workbooks. I don't have ready access to a projector or tv or basically any technology, making the main teaching techniques available to me being lecture and writing on the board--the very things which Baylor engrained in me NOT to do EVER! URGH!!! It's been a struggle, but I'm starting to get more creative. Anyway, since it's been a struggle teaching them I've made it a point to do a good review so that the material can stick better in their minds.

Wednesday after school I met up with the Summervilles for service. I had a few extra minutes when I got off the bus to meet them so I ran into the Farmacia Guadalajara where I found some lactase pills! YAY!!! They'll hold me over until March when I can buy more in the states. Note to self....I can deal without certain foods and stuff from the states, but that is one thing that I NEED that is suuuper hard to find here. Then I met up with the Summers and had a relaxing morning in service doing calls etc. For the afternoon I was with Peter, Everardo, and Lauraine. We did some calls then I went with Lauraine on some studies she had, not arriving home til about 8:15! It was good to stay busy in Jehovah's work though. All day people were messing with me about missing Efra, but it was true. Wednesday was also eventful in that we determined that we both can send and receive text messages, which is AWESOME! I tried calling him Wednesday night and it worked! We only talked a few minutes though since it's relatively expensive due to roaming, but it was nice to be able to.

Thursday morning I went to Starbucks on the way to work. Yes--I went to Starbucks, and I got normal coffee! WOW!!! Hahaha. Then I got to work and ended up leaving early because one class was being punished by their teacher for never bringing their stuff for English class nor doing their English homework. Their punishment was not having class. Iiiiiinteresting. So I gave them like a study guide with the topics they need to review and hopefully they will have done so for next class. On the way home I checked out a gym near my house to see how much they charge for access to what. Many gyms here charge you one thing for access just to free-weights and weight equipment, but another fee for access to treadmills, classes, etc. It's weird to me but whatever. Turns out they charge like $350 per month which works out to like $30 US for access to treadmills, weights, and classes. Ehh...not worth it to me hahaha. After that I came home, washed clothes, cleaned out the car inside, took the car to get it washed on the outside since me no gotty hose or any-ting, took some heels to get re-tipped, then showered and went to my studies and a few return visits. Angelica wasn't there. She went promoting since sales have been down. Valeria was home, however, and we had a nice study as always. Got home, had dinner, and watched several episodes of BG. I'm trying to finish up the last season.

This morning I went to service. Kristian is in Coatza with Leslie and working, Efra is in Honduras, and the Summervilles are moving, so there was hardly anyone at the group. Fernando Catalan and his wife, Brenda, were there, and Esther Molina came as well. Brenda went with me on my study with Connie and then Fer and T came and picked us up. We did an RV of mine that I haven't been able to catch and SHE WAS THERE! Half-way started a study too! YAY!! Supposed to go back next friday. :) After that everybody else was ready to stop service--at like 11:40--so I was like hmm what to do what to do. Came home and changed then decided to be adventurous and go to the Lake of San Baltasar by the MErcado Zapata and go running. You pay 7 pesos to get in but it has a nice running trail that is 1600m, about 1 mile, around, even with little signs every 100m to tell you the distance. Everything is kept nice and clean, despite the ducks and geese there, and there are even bars and sit-up benches and stuff. It's pretty cool! I had a nice time jogging--I missed it!!! I could tell I am out of shape though. I did like 4 miles. Prolly could have kept going but, towards the end, even though my legs didn't hurt I started feeling kinda queasy--maybe it was cuz I drank too much water this morning LOL! Came home, showered, and now just chillaxin. Nothing in particular to do, so hmm, where will boredom take me today. Hahaha. I WAS thinking of going to the mall and maybe Franca to look for a dress for Liana's wedding, but I'm not in the mood for going shopping alone right now. I'd like someone else's company and opinion. :(

A few last notes:

Looking forward to seeing Liana, the Santanas, and Elise while I'm in Waco. They're the highlights this trip, but of course I have tons of other people I want to see there. The wedding should be a blast!

It's funny. Every time I hear someone drive up outside or see Efra's car sitting there I think "YAY EFRA'S HERE!" then I realize "No he's not stupid...he's in Honduras....DUH!" I also randomly think I hear the tones I have set for when he sends me messages on chat, then realize I'm not even at home or am not even online. Am I just desperate to hear from him or what? URGH!
I figured out that I can make popcorn like I did in my hot air popper--no butter, no oil--IN THE MICROWAVE!!! It turned out so yummy!!! Another little source of happiness for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment