Tuesday the meeting went well. I got lots of nice comments about my part, which was encouraging. I had to substitute the number 2 which was about what legal formalities were involved with the first wedding. I gave it with Jules, so I tried to think of some way to present it without either of us being the one getting married. It turned out well though. When the meeting was over and we were all talking etc I saw Gerardo pop his head in! The guy who I had an awesome service experience with before, having found him the second time as I left one of my studies. He lost my info again but came to the hall because he still had the meeting invite and wanted to continue the study the brothers in Rome started with him. It was really cool because he got to meet some of the brothers from our hall plus some who are visiting from the Brooklyn Bethel. Sweetness!
Wednesday I had a nice long day in service, having found several of my visits and setting up times for us to study next week. It is always encouraging when you find the people you haven't seen in a while and are able to set something up. Got home around 5:30, ate some dinner, then headed to the dentist around the corner. Turns out I already had cavities in the hole where the filling was, so she had to drill those out before refilling it. She put anasthesia but was super gentle about it--i barely felt the needle going in! She did a nice job drilling--again, very gentle yet meticulous--then filled it up. She did it in layers so that it wouldn't fall out again. She seemed to really know what she was doing and I appreciated her attention to detail. In all I paid 400 pesos which is AWESOME because that's a little over what my copay alone would have been in the states. Came home and started watching a movie I found in the entertainment room--Seven Pounds with Will smith. I forgot what a good movie it is. Then while I was online I saw that Efra signed on!!! I was like WHAT?!?!?!? Turns out one of the guys loaned him a router he had, so he was able to have internet a little while. It was nice being able just to chat...much more than a single text message would have been on the phone LOL! That made for a nice end to my day.
Thursday....oh yah that's today haha...I had a good morning at school. It's nice to see how the students finallly start understanding certain things. Got some bananas on the way home then when I got here attempted homemade thin mints. The cookie part came out well but I didn't have the right kind of chocolate to coat them so that turned out a little ugly, but they taste great! I ate a few too many I have to admit :) While I was making them I somehow managed to splatter chocolate onto my khaki pants so then I had to do a load of laundry (dang). While I waited on that to wash I did some personal study and got dressed for service. Drew asked me to help him set up the cable today so I went to their house around 3 to do that. At 4 Jules went with me on my studies--I had 3 today: Luisa, Angelica, and Valeria. All of the studies panned out and Jehovah really blessed our efforts, giving us art of teaching and joy in our ministry. I love when you get to have days like that. After Valeria's study, Jules an dI did a few of her RV's and although neither of them was there we had a good time. Dropped her off, came home, ate some din din, and now to finish watching the movie and chill before going to bed.
Funny thing I learned yesterday at the dentist...apparently I brush my teeth wrong. You're supposed to brush up and down not back and forth, because if you do back and forth you can form cavities later on in life. Now it seems like it takes me forever to brush my teeth but whatever, I need to learn to take better care of myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment