Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Coolness I Guess

Last Friday I went in service as usual. Connie gave me a plant when I mentioned I was wanting to get one to put in my room. It was so sweet of her. She's doing well in her study too! YAY! I wanted a plant because there's this weird smell that comes from the bathroom or somewhere in the house, prolly from the water or from the sewage. Who knows, but I figured having a plant would help clean the air at least a little bit. Plus it'd look pretty. It's just a green leafy kinda plant, but still , it's purty. At 12 Alvaro went with me to study with Gerardo, which went super well. I was glad Alvaro could go because he has a family member with the same anxiety/schizophrenia kinda thing that Gerardo has, which made Gerardo feel more open to talk about how it has affected him lately. It was encouraging to have such a good study with him where we could really apply the bible and his relationship with Jehovah to help him with what's been stressing him lately. After that I came home and had a late lunch. Tuesday I had made some caramel banana pretzels for Rosa, to give her Sunday, but I guess I should've waited because they didn't last that long. I was a serious fatty and ate them ALL! So Friday I had time and decided to make some more. Only one problem though, I didn't have any more pretzels. So I walked to Costco and got some then came back and made the pretzels, showered, and took the bus to go teach class. I had printed out some song lyrics and we played the song, analyzed the lyrics looking for present tense verbs, and talked about their meaning. It went well and afterwards I just came home and chilled.
Saturday, service went well. Stayed out a while with Jeanette, Jules, and Peter Moreno. Had my study with Luisa at 3, which went super as always! She's proved to be such an encouragement from Jehovah. Studies tend to do that sometimes :-D After seeing her I went to the Summervilles' house for a little while for the girls to change, since we were gonna go ice skating! It worked out well because while I was waiting Brother Zavala called and said the car was ready and wanted to know if we could meet up. We were able to meet at a place near to the Summers' house which is also convenient for him to get home, so that was nice. From there Jeanette, Jules and I went to La Noria to go ice skating. The rink was a little small but the skates were nice and the ice was clean and well-kept. We had a great time. At one point I gathered up an ice/snow ball and threw it at Jules, but as I did I somehow lost balance and fell on my knees. Hahaha. That's what I get!!! At another point I was going backwards (I think I finallly learned how cuz I was doing great!) then I tried to turn around too fast and fell again. My knees have these horrible bruises now hahaha but it was worth it. Peter finally showed up after taking his parents their car and we ate dinner at a place in La Noria, then I came home. That evening I got a message from Efra saying they had done a two-day trip to isolated territory, which was cool to know. I figured it was some reason like that that I hadn't heard from him for a few days, so I wasn't worried. It was nice to hear from him though. Now I kinda know what it feels like for mom and dad.
Sunday I did my meeting prep like always and got ready for service. Went and only Nicole and JoseLuis(the Zavalas) came. Nicole wasn't feeling well so we only stayed a little bit, but it was nice. I really wish we could spend more time together. They are really nice/fun people. So I came home for a little bit before the meeting, which was weird. Then the meeting was enjoyable. I don't know if you remember but quite a while ago I mentioned(I think) a young sister who used to come to the meetings by herself. She is maybe 17 or 18 and from what I understand is the only witness in her family. She used to come to our meetings in addition to her spanish meetings, and would almost always have a comment which her sister helped her prepare in english. She was such an encouragement since I knew it was hard for her to be there. She hadn't been there for a while but a week or two ago I saw her at the spanish meeting that's about the same time as our sunday service group. I got her phone number and stuff and was hoping she'd come to our meeting again. Sunday SHE WAS THERE! YAY!! I decided to sit with her so she wouldn't be alone. Plus, another person was at the meeting that was encouraging. Remember the brother of my dentist? HE CAME AGAIN! Saturday Eleazar studied with him just like they had planned and he told me that the guy (Leopoldo) had prepared and everything! He had his Bible and all. He then came to the meeting on Sunday and was there looking up texts and everything! Just shows to go ya, as dad and I would say, that you never know where your seed will have success. It proved a lesson to me as well in that I shouldn't judge my success or satisfaction solely based on the studies I have or the return visits I have, since really everyone who shows an interest is for Jehovah's glory and may be attended by anyone in the congregation. As we saw in Pioneer School, the progress of Bible studies and interested individuals is the result of a team effort within the congregation. After the meeting I just came home to relax. I ended up doing a dance routine workout video from youtube which was super fun. Then I did some personal study and called it a night. Oooo! That afternoon something else cool happened. I received an email from a referral! I had gone and since she wasn't there I left a letter with her mom with my email and phone number on it. The girl then emailed me saying she wanted to come to the meeting this week! Coolness!!!
Monday I went to the service group and ended up having a nice day. Nothing too super exciting but a good day of association and knowing that we were giving a witness simply by our presence and diligence in return visits. After service I came home and showered before going to teach class. The class went well but man on the way home the traffic was HORRIBLE!!! Took me just as much time to drive as it would have taken me on the bus. Maybe next time I'll just take the bus again, or at least try a different driving route. The reason for the traffic is that they are doing a bunch of construction on a main road in order to put in some metrobus lines. In the future that will make traffic better, theoretically, but for now it's a mess. URGH! So I got home and was a bit tired just from that, so I didn't do much.
This morning I had a doctors appointment with a doctor Nicole referred me to. I wanted to get my whole female situation taken care of. He really seemed to know what he was doing and was a nice guy, at least he seemed like it. He took some blood and some pee pee hahaha and said we'd wait for the results before just blindly giving meds or hormones. He's going to do some extensive tests on the blood etc and it might turn out a bit expensive(like 900 pesos yikes), but I need to take better care of myself. I tend to put things off unless I'm just dying but I guess it'd be best not to reach that point. It was strange to me that he suggested I eat soy products and exercise more. The soy products apparently have something in them like estrogen which could help my sitch. He said that exercise can also help hormone production, but the main reason he suggested it was because I need to raise my heart rate apparently. He was concerned that my blood pressure is low (100/60) and that my pulse is as well (47bpm). He said I should try doing aerobic or cardio exercise and be sure to raise my heart rate to like 90 or 120 I can't remember. Point is, walking doesn't count, needs to be something that really gets me heart pumping, literally! Ironically enough I had planned to go running after seeing him, so I did just that. Went back FINALLY to the lake I had gone a few weeks ago. Had a nice run. Did about 5 miles this time just cuz I felt like it haha. It's weird. Before I would exercise and stuff just because I wanted to and enjoyed it, but now that a doctor told me to I kinda have this "ugh I have to?" attitude. I think it's funny. After running I went to Chedraui and got groceries, then came home. I made a corndog casserole kinda thing for lunch and it was suuupuer yummy!!! Tastes just like a corn dog! It was supposed to be muffins but since I didn't have a muffin pan I just put it in a 13x9 and cut it into the same number of pieces. Basically the cornbread with the wienies cut up inside it but still, yummers with some mustard and a salad. Did some wash while that was cooking then right as I was about to log off to take a shower I heard the song I have set to play when Efra logs on to messenger. I was like WUUUUHHHHHH?!?!?!? It was nice to be able to chat a little bit in the middle of the day like we used to be able to. Funny how being apart with different ease of internet connection/phone usage really makes you appreciate even the smallest little things like a text message or chatting.
Anyway, I was supposed to have a study at 5 today then go to the Summers house since our meeting got moved to Friday due to another congregation having their CO Visit, but my study called me and said she wasn't going to be able to today. So I'm just gonna go chill with my buds the Summers. I'm looking forward to it since we haven't been able to spend much time together lately. Jules, Danny, and I are planning to finally record Jules' and my song and maybe make a music video, but I guess we'll see how things go. We always say we need to and never end up actually doing it hahaha. So I guess all in alll I've had a great day. Talking to Efra was the icing on the cake for me :-)
9 DAYS!!! SINGLE DIGITS!!! I CAN DO IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment