Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bleh

Bleh...that's pretty much what things have been like lately.
Friday evening I went and picked up some heels I got fixed and on the way home I stopped into Franca and tried on a few dresses. I kinda liked one but wasn't sure enough to buy it. Ended up just saying I'd rather wait to go with someone else and get a second opinion.
Saturday I went to service and we had an unusually small group for various reasons. I came home for lunch and was planning to go out later to do a study I had at 3. Ended up doing a few RVs then headed to my study, who then said it'd reallly be better if we could study Sunday. Niiiice. So I ended up coming home and doing nothing with my Saturday evening. I think I already mentioned it but most of the websites I would watch movies on are down due to the SOPA laws, so since Netflix doesn't work down here then there's not much to do when you're home and bored. I guess I could practice my violin but besides that all I can really do is research stuff in the publications or do random stuff on the internet. That gets old really fast.
Sunday service went well, as did the meeting. After the meeting I came home and watched the super bowl. Tried to get an online stream in english but all the sites I tried were really patchy and would buffer an annoying amount. Ended up just watching it on the spanish tv channels, missing out on all the commercials of course. I figured I could just watch them on the internet alter. I'd rather have a good view of the football game, which turned out to be AWESOME by the way. Giants came out strong then it looked like the Pats were gonna take em down but then the Giants came back. WOO HOO!
Monday was a holiday (Constitution Day) so no school meaning I got to go to the service group. YAY! Weren't a whole whole lot of us out but it was nice nonetheless. We stayed out until about 3 then I went with Drew to supposedly help him set up cable in their new house but the place was closed due to the holiday. Poo. Oh well. Afterwards I went to their house and we just kinda chilled. I was kinda in a poopy mood all day but that kinda helped me feel better. Seems like everything--even the smallest most insignificant thing--reminds me in some way of Efra and makes me miss him. Then it gets compounded when someone asks me how he's doing or what awesome field service experiences he's shared with me and I have to tell them we honestly haven't been able to talk much at all. We're lucky if we get to say hi once a day through a text message. Turns out it's super expensive to use the cell phones and although there is internet in the town he's in it's very slow and means going to the one cybercafe there, which of course a lot of people want to use. It's frustrating, but I just have to think that when given the privilege to be able to go on a route like that there are certain sacrifices implied. It's all for Jehovah and I just have to stay positive!!! Last night Efra texted me saying that today they're headed to isolated territory that is a 6 hour walk from where they are. I'm assuming they're going to stay the night there but don't know much. Sounds so exciting, I wish I could be there. Hopefully I can do something like that in the future.
Today work went smoothly and on the way home I got groceries as normal. Ate lunch, went ahead and studied the watchtower, did a zumba video I found in the entertainment room, showered, tried to watch a movie on my computer, did a little personal study, then ran into a problem. I ate a few red hots then realized there was a hole in one of my teeth. UH OH! A filling came out!!! So now I get to find a dentist that I trust to put a filling in ASAP. I ran to a dentist I know of literally a block from here and she said she could do it later today but since I have the meeting I'm gonna go tomorrow at 6pm. While I was out I got my watch and a necklace fixed at a jeweler right here, which ended up costing me 15 pesos. Awesome! Ate some jello and brushed my teeth, now to head to the meeting. I ended up needing to sub a talk so I should probably go over that a few times as well haha.
Trying to stay positive and keep my mind occupied....not always doing such a great job....Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment