Sorry to those of you who were looking for a post in the last few days. I have been trying like crazy to find a place to live, and boy does it get complicated. So here's the deal. The school where I'm going to be working at is in colonia La Paz o tambien se dice Reforma Sur. It is literally a few blocks from the kingdom hall where the Puebla North Congregation (English) meets at. So you're thinking "WOW!!! You could live up there and be right next to everything!" Only thing is that from what I've heard, in November that congregation divided and a third of them was sent to the congregation I've been going to with the sister who's giving me hospedaje, which is kind of on the south side. Soo...the South Congregation has fewer publishers, meaning it kind of makes sense that if I want to serve where they need more help I would go to this congregation. Then the problem becomes where do I live, because the school and the salon are kind of on opposite sides of the city. If I lived near one I would be looking at taking a few buses to get to the other in maybe an hour or more depending on traffic. Driving it wouldn't be too bad but unless I get a car that's kind of a problem. So I'm thinking maybe in the middle of the two, which is actually kind of where I'm staying at right now, which is colonia Las Animas cerca de 33 poniente y diagonal 19. So from where I'm at right now in bus to the school I take one bus that drops me right around the corner and takes like 20 minutes. To get to the hall by bus I've heard is a few buses and like 30 minutes, but if I lived here close then I might be able to get a ride with the sister here for the meetings at least. Soooo I've been considering a lot of options. The largest problem I'm finding is that most things that I find out about through brothers or that I see signs for are already filled up or are way too big for me, thus being too much mula. MAJOR FRUSTRATION!!! I'm trying really hard to find something that would be conducive to my service and that fits my needs, and I'm praying for Jehovah to help me find that. I want to find something ASAP because I hate imposing on other people's lives. I know they don't usually feel like it's as much of a burden as I imagine I am, but I just prefer to not be an extra worry for them.
Apart from all that joy joyness, I've enjoyed the last few days. Yesterday morning I got up and reorganized my suitcases. I took everything out and organized it to have all shirts together, skirts, dresses, etc that way I could find stuff better. Shoes in one bag, hair stuff in another, lotion in another, etc. It is sooo frustrating to live out of suitcases! Yet another reason to find a place soon. Then I got to have a long day in service(stayed til like 3 but stopped for lunch). We ate lunch at a place called Pollo Feliz (they don't have Pollo Loco down here...sad day). It was actually awesome!!! You get your pollo asado or whatever you want to order, and then they have a salad bar with jicama, carrots, calabazas, salad, limones, cucumbers, tortilla chips, salsa, peanuts, an d even watermelon! It was AWESOME!!! A big surprise to me! So I enjoyed that. Service was interesting. We did canvasing in the morning just going from house to house asking if anyone there spoke English or if they knew anyone who did, then in the afternoon we did return visits and studies. When I got home I did a few things then we went to walmart and soriana for a few small things. We didn't get much since Tuesdays are the major oferta days. OH! That reminds me. We're in rainy season right now, meaning it's fine all morning then around 3 or 4 it starts to sprinkle then rain pretty well until prolly 9 or 10 at night. It's nice so long as you don't have to go out to do stuff! And yes, I can already tell I'm going to need more winter clothes. Last night I was putting on PJ pants, socks, and a jacket when we studied the watchtower as a family. The major thing here isn't necessarily how cold it gets outside, but the fact that they don't have heating in the houses. Sooo yah, I'm gonna have to get some really good PJ's and other warmness stuff. I brought some but not a lot. Well, not quite sure what I'll do today, since there wasn't a group for service since today's the meeting. I'll keep ya posted. I'm hoping to look for housing at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment