Friday, August 19, 2011

Almost there...

So I've got 4 days left until I'm in Mexico and I can't believe it! I've been packing my suitcases for a week it seems but they're just about ready. It's so hard trying to prioritize which clothes, etc to take, trying to think of what type of clothes I'll need to fit the climate and my job. It looks like I'm gonna get cold a lot, but hopefully I'll adjust and not be so cold-natured. I've been doing some research using the information they gave me about my final assignment, and I can't tell yet whether it's at a primaria (elementary school) or if it's actually at a university. On another note, I called the Mexico Branch today to ask them to give me the address and contact info for the elders in the english group I was supposed to go to in Puebla, and they told me they aren't able to answer any of the emails right now regarding assignments because they are waiting on a letter from the governing body. I spoke to a brother in the service department to get the contact info and he told me he didn't see info for an English group in Cholula, but gave me info for 2 english congregations in Puebla, Puebla. So that's a bit frustrating. I thought it was all taken care of and arranged but yah, it's not, and I don't know when they'll technically respond. I was told that basically I just go to the elders in the english group directly and tell them I want to serve there, but still. I know Jehovah will bless my efforts because I know my motives are in serving him, but it's still very frustrating. I'm planning to just arrive in Puebla and stay with a sister I already spoke to and go to her congregation until I talk to the brothers in English.
Next Tuesday I fly to Mexico City and will be there until the following Monday when I'm supposed to be picked up to go to Puebla. I got the address and meeting times for a congregation near my hotel in Mexico City so I'm gonna make sure to keep up my spiritual routine. I'm excited but at the same time just praying that Jehovah continue blessing my efforts.
Now to continue enjoying my last few days with mom and dad, Rocky, Willy, and the Cookie Monster :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment