SEE!!! I REMEMBERED TO UPDATE THE BLOG!!!
So last week was interesting, with being in Mexico city, the "enrichment seminar" and all. I can't remember if I put on last week's post that on Tuesday some sisters from the english congregation tried to preach to me while I was walking around hahaha. It was cool though because I was able to get their meeting times etc for the next time I have to go to Mexico City and maybe miss my weeknight meeting.
Wednesday and Thursday were mostly workshop-type things where they provided us tips and information on how to be better english teachers here in mexico. Some of it was very useful and informative but I have to admit it was hard for me to sit there all that time hahaha. They fed us so well for breakfast and lunch that I typically wasn't very hungry come dinner time. Although I was in a nice part of Mexico City where there are lots of cool places to eat, I just wasn't hungry enough to justify going to a "real restaurant" in my mind. One night I didn't even eat dinner I was so full, and the other 2 I ended up eating subway LOL. Honestly, I've eaten more subway here in mexico than I ever did in the states, just cuz it's the cheapest, healthiest, quickest thing available.
Wednesday night we had a reception thing and I was able to talk to a girl who was an ETA last year who decided to stay in Mexico and now works at a school in Mexico City. I asked her how she found a job and if she had any tips etc and she referred me to a website that I looked at that night. I found a job here in Puebla that sounded interesting--part time teaching english to executives in classes of 8 or less. Pay isn't all that much but it'd be enough to just cover my basic needs. Sent my resume that night and by the next day they replied asking me to fill out an application and write an essay! Wasn't able to send the stuff until yesterday though since I had to print and scan the filled-in application. We'll see what happens with that.
Friday we went to Teotihuacan, a place where there are several pyramids from a pre-Aztec civilization. There's a museum and all in addition to the site, which you can walk around even climbing the pyramids. It's funny how when I was little I thought museums were so boring and would just walk through and look at the items without reading the descriptions at all, but now I find it interesting and read almost every description even asking the museum employees for more information! hahaha. How we change, right? It was neat being able to walk around the site, climb the pyramids etc, thinking about why those people built things the way they did, what they used them for, etc. It's always cool to me to see how much people have remained the same despite technological advances and changes in world conditions.
Although I was fairly busy during the time I was in Mexico City, with my mind occupied with all the seminar stuff, I couldn't stop thinking about Efra and missed him a lot. :-( That made me extra excited that he, Jules, and Darren ended up coming on Saturday so we could sight-see together. :-D
Saturday morning I ate breakfast, did some personal study, then walked down to the Zocalo and then to a few parks on the way back to the hotel. Had a few interesting experiences on that walk!! Hahaha. Saw a lady get hit by a car; saw the transit police actually do something when they pulled over and went over to check on her etc; saw some mounted police come to help too, wearing mariachi-type outfits with sombreros and all, riding horses, but with police jackets and walkie talkies on; saw two homeless guys playing chess in a park; saw a group of young teens practicing some dance in a big gazebo; walked through a crowd of people getting free chicken mole from what was evidently some program to feed people on the street; and saw a white girl selling pirated computer software. That was a fun morning LOL!
Got back to the hotel to meet Efra and them. It was funny. I was sitting in the lobby checking some things on my computer while I waited, not thinking they would arrive for at least another 15 minutes or so, and all of a sudden thought I heard Efra saying "que tal" to someone. I had been missing him so much that I thought I was just being crazy but it was them! I turned around and saw them. I thought it was so cute!
We went to Wendy's for lunch which was exciting since we don't have those in Puebla. Yumm! Got my spicy chicken sammich with fries and a frosty. Mmmmmmmm good even though I gotta admit I kinda scraped off the breading on the sandwich and only ate one of the breads like always! Hahaha man i'm weird. Anywho, then we walked around a lil going down avenida reforma then making our way back close to the hotel where we went to Ripley's Believe it or Not. Man that was cool! It's funny how we are so intrigued by the weird/abnormal. After that we rode the subway/metro to the Bosque Chapultepec where we walked around a bit. Then we got dinner at a mall close to the hotel(once again I got subway LOL), got some frosty's to go, then got my bags from the hotel and got on the bus back to puebla. It was a great day!!
Sunday morning I went to service and almost thought nobody else was gonna show up. People ended up coming though and it was a nice morning. Good meeting followed by football at Drew's. The guys made hamburgers with grilled cheese sandwiches as the buns and I tried like a mini-version(LOL) and IT WAS YUMMERZ! Jules was all proud of me for actually eating something close hahaha. It was a great game between NY and San Fran. Made me remember how much I miss watching football like dad and I used to do. Awwww. Drew randomly dropped a hint later that he wanted me to bake something, saying "man it'd be really nice to have some brownies right now" hahaha, so I made them some nesquick brownies with peanut butter and pretzels inside, and although they came out kinda fudgy they were super good. Ahh, good muffins.THAT REALLY BAKED MY BROWNIES LOL!!!
Yesterday I had work then service. Both went well although it was just Peter Leonesio, Lauraine and I in service. Summerville's weren't out, prolly doing stuff to get ready to change houses, and Efra was running errands before leaving for Honduras NEXT WEEK! :-( Had Subway for lunch once again hahaha, then stayed in service til like 4. Peter and Efra came over so we could buy our plane tickets to go to Houston in March. It made me mad though, because I had checked the ticket prices literally the night before and they were still $395, then when we checked it they had jumped to like $463. We did a bunch of searching around and found some from Mexico City for like $340, so it ended up working itself out. We then went to dinner at the Beer Factory in Angelopolis, which was suuuper good! I got this deal they had where you get a salad, a drink, and this garlic/chili chicken which was surprisingly delicious. Then I came home and did a few things for work etc, filling out some reports. Nice, relaxing, evening.
Today I got to leave work early because one of my classes wasn't there. Went to Chedraui, got groceries, came home and cooked and washed clothes. Now I'm just kinda chillin, gonna shower and do some personal study before the meeting. Supposed to do a presentation so gotta get that together too, no biggie. Hmm...anything else? Can't really think of anything. Think I've been pretty detailed LOL. So until next time, CIAO!
No comments:
Post a Comment