Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Naughty

So it's about time I update this thing. I haven't been as good about it and there is no point trying to give excuses. Got busy over christmas vacation and after getting back it was about the same. I'm gonna try to get back in the routine of updating this though.
It'd be futile to try to explain alllll that has happened since I last updated so I guess I'll just hit the main points and the most recent stuff. Right now I'm in Mexico City--just arrived today--for an Enrichment Seminar through the Fulbright Program. Basically all the grantees came here and we'll have a few days of presentations, workshops etc. On Friday we're supposed to go do some sight-seeing so that might be fun but honestly the other stuff seems like it will be kinda dull. You know me...it's hard for me to sit still for long periods as it is. Imagine if it's something I find pointless with people I'm not close with. UGH. Oh well. I'll live. I'm in a nice hotel, this is a really nice part of the city, and it's only a few days. I already miss people from Puebla though. :-( I got here around 4:15 and decided to walk down to the Bosque Chapultepec which is supposed to be pretty. The park was still open when I got there so I got to go in. It was a nice area to walk around etc, but would have been more enjoyable if I had been with someone. It was neat to explore a little bit though. I almost felt like I was in the states with the businesses you see and the general look of everything. Reminded me a lot of cities like DC or New York with the avenues with sky scrapers, nice stores, and monuments/statues randomly in the middle of the street. Saw a bunch of cool restaurants but had a weird craving for subway so I ended up getting that hahaha. Now I'm back in the hotel, showered, gonna rest and do a few things before the busy-ness sets in tomorrow. As I write successive entries I will try to remember high points from the time I wasn't blogging, but yah, sorry that time is gonna be kinda skipped over. Haha. Main upcoming events are as follows: February: Efra goes to Honduras for the whole month for the Pioneer Route=super sad face, March: Peter Leonesio, Efra and I go to Houston for Liana's wedding and then to drive the Cookie Monster back to Puebla YAY! Also around Feb or Mar I'm gonna seriously start looking for a job since mine ends at the end of May and I want to stay in Puebla if at all possible. Gotta start with time though since looking for a job in Mexico is quite different from in the states.
Anyway, love you guys, Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment