Thursday, January 26, 2012

The latest...

So Wednesday with one of my classes I got to dance because we're going to present the Cleveland Shuffle after the cermonia on Monday. That was fun. Then service went well, nothing particularly exciting on my end, but a nice day nonetheless. While we were having lunch I got a call from the job I applied for, telling me they wanted to do a skype interview in which I would give an example class. After service we went over to the Summerville's house and watched the next Star Wars (we're gradually watching the whole saga in order). Came home around 9 or 9:30 so I could prepare the example class for my interview, which was today at 2:15.
Today classes went well, then Efra and I met for our Thursday Watchtower prep. Got home with time to eat and review my notes a little before my interview. It went well. The guy I was connected to pretended he was a beginner student, answering questions, faking a bad accent etc. At the end of my "lesson" he gave me feedback on what I did well and what I could improve on. He told me that could be worked out during training, though. He then asked me if I had time to go ahead and interview with the HR department, which I did. Everything went fine, and they want me to start training on Monday. I can start giving just one class, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-5:00, then later give more classes once my current job ends. The options they gave me were basically Monday/Wednesday and/or Tuesday/Thursday with 2 options: 7:00-8:30 and/or 3:30-5:00. So, it could be perfect for service! Pay is $120 MXN/hour which although not awesome isn't horrible either. Ehh. It's something. The only thing I'm worried about right now is that they asked me for some documents (recibos) that I need to go get from basically the tax office here in Mexico. I have no idea how to go about that process and am honeslty a little intimidated by the whole thing, since here in Mexico they are very demanding on documents you present and all the procedures etc, with a lot of miscommunication and gray areas about what exactly is needed (at least that was my experience with immigration). Plus, I'm not even sure if I CAN get that with the type of visa I currently have. UGH!!! I explained my visa situation to the lady I interviewed with and she said they could provide me the docs needed to change the visa type so I'd be legal, but I don't know if that would void my Fulbright grant, so I'm gonna have to look into that.
Sooooo, although I'm excited that I got the job I'm a little worried about working out all the paperwork and legal aspects of it. I hope I don't have to drop it because of applying too early basically. We'll see. Anywho, Rosa is supposed to be here soon to go with me on my studies, so I better go. Just wanted to post this before I forgot LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment