Thursday, December 8, 2011

Uhhh

Uhhh so since last Thursday...what have I done? Good question. I had a good morning in service on Friday with a great study with Connie. She gave me a flower and some canned peaches. Lady knows what I like. Hahaha. Ooooo now I remember more of what happened. Thursday I had woken up with my ear kinda feeling clogged up or something, and Friday it was the same. My head started kinda hurting as the day progressed and I started getting worried. I thought that if I showered whatever it was might come out or something, but it kept bothering me. In the evening I had had enough and decided to go up to the corner, Farmacia Guadalajara, and get the free consult with the general doctor there. I figured they'd at least be able to look in there and tell me what if anything was in there. Got there and the lady said there was something kinda white pretty far down in there. Part of my ear plug. URGH! So she had me lie down on the table and she tried to get it out with some tools she had. I wish I had looked at them earlier on. She was poking around all inside my ear and it hurt a lot! I wanted to just grab somebody's hand and squeeeeeeeeeze!!! It hurt so badly at one point I was about to cry. Then she tried to loosen it up with some drops and a ear wash kinda thing, but no dice. In the end she told me she wouldn't be able to get it out with the tools she had(too big...looked more like forceps than the "tweezers" she called them). She said I'd have to go to a specialist since she could risk leaving me deaf if she kept trying. I then headed home and on the way was in so much pain in addition to being frustrated that I was kinda tearing up, just wanting to get home and have someone there to just hug me and say it's ok chels it'll all be okay. Weird how from time to time we get reminded of that kind of stuff that we miss. So I got home and outside my front door was a bundle of my favorite flowers with a note from Efra saying he hoped I felt better. Awwww. That just made me burst out in tears LOL. Then I spent the evening in and rested as best I could.
Saturday I went in service but my lunch time my head was hurting again and I just had to do something. Several people had suggested that I go to a certain hospital here in Puebla and Efra agreed to take me, so I went. Got there and the doc I needed wasn't there--saturdays by appt only. Leaving there we stopped by a hotel and borrowed their phone directory to look up otorrino's and try to find one nearby. Found one and went. The guy looked in my ear and said yup, it's REALLY far down in there. He stuck in some tiny tweezers and without any pain it was out. I had to take a pic...this thing was bigger than I would have imagined! LOOK:

 I was soooo glad to have it out though, even though it cost me 600 pesos, like $50 USD. All for him to stick in some tiny tweezers. Came home and ended up spending the rest of the day in. We were supposed to go in a group to Plaza San Francisco but for various reasons people couldn't do anything, so bummer but what can ya do right?
Sunday I went in service and had a nice study with Veronica then a nice meeting. Afterwards the Summers, Efra, and I went to eat at Carl's Jr and it was SUPER YUMMY!!!!! Ahh....seriously...good food...great company...what more can you ask for?
Monday after service the Summers invited Efra and me over. We had a yummy dinner, Jules and I made Chocoreta cookies, and then we played a game called "Things". It was hiLARious!!! I had a blast, even though I ended up slicing open my left thumb pretty gross. Hahaha.
Tuesday was pretty chill. I stayed a little extra at the school since some of my students wanted to eat with me during the recess. It was nice. Afterwards I went to the store and was able to get some cranberries, since I've been wanting to make white chocolate cranberry cookies. YAYYY!! The rest of my day was relaxing...got some wash done and was able to do some personal study etc. I was pooped though by the end of the day. After all that happened with the earplug getting stuck in my ear etc I was kinda scared to use them, so I hadn't slept very well the last few nights.
Wednesday went well in service, even though my calls/studies didn't work out. People's schedules have been changing a lot lately due to holidays and end of school with exams etc, so it's been kinda hard. After service Efra and I were invited to the Summers' again. I had to stop by my house to get the cookie supplies, and on the way out I slammed my right index finger in the door and now it's all swollen and has like a pinched blood-clot on the side. IT HURTS!!! I can still move it though so I guess I'm okay hahaha. Anyway, we had a yummy dinner, good cookies, watched Jim Gaffaghan (sp?), and played a game called "Balderdash". I liked "Things" better but it was still fun. Came home so tired that I gave in to the earplugs last night. Slept well!!! Hahaha.
Today after school I met up with the Summers for service and had a nice time. It's nice every now and then making yourself available on days you typically aren't able to go out. Makes you realize which things are most important and how Jehovah really rewards you when you exert yourself towards his interests. Now I'm gonna shower and chill a little before my evening studies. Might be able to go with Jules...YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment