Saturday we went to La Malinche and it was awesome! I had to get up super early to get to the hall on time for when we were supposed to meet up, but of course nobody got there on time. UGH. It took like an hour or more driving just to get there, then we started the ascent around 10 or 10:30. We got to a spot and felt super tired and I asked how far the top was, and those who knew said uhh....2 more hours. I was like WHAT?!?!? NO WAY! So onward we pressed. At long last we arrived to a little clearing kinda area which for most people is the top, as far as they reach that is. From there you can see two higher peaks, but to climb them you must climb through an area with a lot of sand. Up there it was so high an altitude that it was super cold and there wasn't much oxygen, making breathing difficult. Combine that with the fact that when climbing up the sandy part you feel like you step and end up actually going down instead of going up, and you get completely tired out after like 10 steps. AHH!!! I seriously thought I was like gonna die or something. Finally made it to the top and had my reward: my lunch! Haha. It was like 2 at that point. Sat there a little then we headed down. That was the BEST part of the whole thing. Going down the sand we got to kinda surf/skate. It was sooooo fun!!!!! Then on the normal ground parts you can kinda run/jump down because of the slope. Btw...only 4 of us made it to the top...me and 3 guys. Hahaha. The rest of the group had gradually stayed behind. Efra was with us but he didn't feel up to going all the way to the top. Caught up with the rest of the group, though, on the way down. I had a nice convo with Kolby on the way down, one of the kids of the family from Playa del Carmen/Canada. We talked about recipes and cooking!!! It was amazing! Hahaha. I was super tired when we got back though and I was in bed by like 9. Would you believe the energizer chelsea bunny was tired?
Sunday wasn't too eventful in service but the meeting was nice and afterwards a big group of us went to eat at Pollo Feliz. I was looking forward to going since I hadn't eaten lunch and hadn't been to Pollo Feliz in a while...I was craving their chicken and the salad bar. When we got there, though, the salad bar was barren and they said it was too late, that they didn't have more to refill the salad bar. UGH!!! I was sooo frustrated. Then they took forever to bring our chicken. Grrrr. The good thing was that there was good company and my tummy had pretty much numbed the hunger away by that time. Turned out to actually be a decent evening.
Monday I felt very lazy in service, especially since I didn't have RVs or studies. Tuesday work went well and afterwards I went to Gran Bodega and got groceries, instead of Chedraui. I went there because I wanted to see if they still had mamey like they did last week. They did! YAY! Then I came home, cooked, and chilled like my normal Tuesday routine. Went to the meeting and it was really nice. I got asked to do the presentation for how to start bible studies in december, so that was cool. Plus, there were some great student talks ;-) Then to make it even better there was a family visiting from New Zealand. They had come to Mexico for a family wedding and just decided to come down to Puebla before they left to check it out. After the meeting they were hungry and needed a ride to their hotel so a few of us went to Alvaro's restaurant with them. It was really enjoyably--they were hilarious! Truly a pleasure to spend time with. I made a hilarious fool of myself too, adding to the laughter for the evening. When we got there, Alvaro told us there was a problem with the water pump and he was gonna have to go take a look at it and fix it. Later, after we had already ordered, the waiter comes over and starts talking to Efra like in a serious tone and all. I only heard part of the convo, hearing that there was no water and they couldn't something. I ASSUMED he meant there was no water period and they couldn't make our food. So I started telling the family that the guy was telling Efra there was no water and they couldn't prepare our food because it would be unsanitary, that they couldn't wash anything etc, that we would have to go somewhere else. They were all freaked out. I was compeltely serious, thinking I was completely right. Then I turn and Efra looks at me with a completely straight face and says that's not what the guy said. I was soooooo embarrassed!!!!! Everybody was just laughing. I asked him why he didn't say anything and he was like "I didn't know what you were doing. I thought you were pulling a joke on them or something". So the rest of the night they were joking about how I couldn't be trusted as a translator. Hahaha. Teaches me to 1) not be a nosybody in other people's conversations and 2) not take matters into my own hands. SOoooooo incredibly embarrassing. For reals.
Wednesday was okay in service. Afterwards we stopped at the mall because I wanted to buy a jacket I saw a while back and look for some pants. Didn't really find pants, then when I got to the store I saw the jacket at originally, THERE WERE NONE!!!!! I asked them about it and they said they were compeltely out but that they could call some other stores to see if they had them. I waited a suuuuper long time then they finally told me they found one and are having it shipped to their store, and it will be here next tuesday. YAYYY!!! Mission semi-accomplished.
Today school went ok. Got a bit frustrated with one group of kids because they persistenly just talk and talk even when i've told them to stop, meaning they don't work as well as they should and we can't cover the material the same as we should. I had to threaten them with bring the directora to talk to them. I hate doing that. Had a greeeat lunch at an Italian place downtown then looked around in some of the markets. My food was AMAZING!!! Chicken breast stuffed with huitlacoche bathed in a poblano chile sauce. Here's a pic:
I was looking for a shawl thingy like one a sister I know has, but the ones I found weren't like I had expected and the fabric wasn't one I like. So that didn't work. I was also looking for like some tall socks/tights/stretchy pants to wear under skirts etc during winter for warmth. After a big circle and long walk I found some. YAY! Came home, changed, and headed to my studies. Texted one on the way and she told me she had to work on a school project and couldn't. Got to the other one, Angelica at the paint place, and she wasn't there. I saw her dad and started talking to him, thinking she maybe stepped away and would be back soon. Finally asked where she was and he said she had taken her nephew to his swim lessons. Soooo I walked all the way there, got hit on on the way(dude pulled over and said excuse me but you're really pretty and i wanted to know if I could have your name and info), just to turn around and come back. UGH. Oh well. I hope I was able to give a witness in some way. So now I'm hope and chillin, hoping to maybe talk to my daddyo!

No comments:
Post a Comment