Saturday, April 23, 2011

Getting Started

So this past Monday I discovered that I received a Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship to Mexico for this upcoming year. If all goes as planned, I will be moving to Mexico in August. I won't know until May or June where exactly I will be placed, but until then I must wait in expectation. I'm trying to start thinging of all the ends I need to tie up here, things I need to prepare before going, etc. The most intimidating thing is that I will be moving to another country on an airplane, meaning can't exactly take much. I'm excited about this experience despite the negative comments I'm receiving from close family and a few friends, but I trust in Jehovah and that he will care for me. After all, my main reason for accepting this is that it will allow me to dedicate more time in the field ministry, and hopefully where the need is greater--no matter the language group I end up in. Hoping this blog thing works out since it's my first, ever, Chels

2 comments:

  1. that pretty much sums all!!! i am so excited for you !!!!! hope we get to see eachother over their and you can meet the friends i made when we were their!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here girlie! I want you to meet mine and of course to meet yours!

    ReplyDelete